Galway city museum
The Museum is a spacious, modern building, situated in the heart of Galway city on the banks of the River Corrib and overlooking the famous Spanish Arch. It houses a variety of permanent and touring exhibitions representing Galway's rich archaeology, history, science and arts.
OPENING HOURS: Tues to Sat: 10am-5pm, Sun:12pm-5pm (Easter Sun to end of September). Closed Monday.
View Museum Floorplan
- Routes to the Past (Prehistoric Galway)
- Galway Within the Walls (Medieval Galway)
- Pádraic Ó Conaire: Man & Statue
- Galway GAA: The Three-in-a-Row,1964-66
- Galway & the Great War
- Revolution in Galway, 1913-1923
- The Galway Hooker
- 1916 Ireland in Contemporary Art
- Sea Science